Protecting Intersex, Genderqueer, and other non-binary persons' right to self identify
- "A person whose gender identity is neither man nor woman, is between or beyond genders, or is some combination of genders. This identity is usually related to or in reaction to the social construction of gender, gender stereotypes and the gender binary system. Some genderqueer people identify under the transgender umbrella while others do not."
- UC Berkeley Gender Equity Resource Center
- "A person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders."
- Oxford Dictionary
- "Genderqueer is a term that may be used to describe those with non-normative gender, either as an umbrella term or a stand-alone identity, typically encompassing those who are in one, or more, of these six categories:
- Genderqueer and Non-Binary Identities